Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Using my gifts

Good Morning/Good Night Followers!

This is my first offical blog posting! I'm excited as I am finally learning how to get it together. STILL SOOO MUCH to learn, so please be kind and bare with me! :-)

Anyone willing to give me any tips, tricks or any other advice, I'd greatly appreacite it!!! I've been giving some great info, a huge amount of YouTube videos and other links, but you can never have too much information for this kind of thing! The number one challenge I'm dealing with as of right now is desigining my layout and finding some nice templates and different buttons for the layout. The backgrouonds I tried to use, I was told the size was too large...I'm all about customizing and having things layed out to my liking.


My main purpose for wanting to do a blog (for two years now) is for one, the Lord has blessed me with the gift of writing. I've been sitting on my writing gift for years and I know my time is running out that with all the Lord has deposited in me, he will soon take away and give to someone else who will use it for His glory! I know blogging is a great outlet to have my writings noticed, but not so much just that, but to be able to encourage people with the things the Lord has given me, inspirations I get from other brothers & sisters in Christ, my own personal experiences and reflections and just everyday living.  
                         I recently learned of another gift the Lord has blessed me with and that is of inspiring people. A lady who I instantly became friends with via #Foursquare a month earlier through another friend posted this on my Wall on #Facebook back in August 2012.
I'd never realized just how much of an encourager I was. There are a lot of postings that I just reshare on Facebook that I think my Facebook friends and family can relate to and enjoy. There's also my own personal statuses that people seem to take a liking to. So, with that being said, I knew having my own blog would be a better avenue for me because I do a lot of venting in my writing on Facebook and some people don't like it or this, that and the other. With my blog, I have more freedom to express myself without worrying about offending anyone (that's never my intentions to begin with) or thinking about what people are going to say. Venting in my writings help me a lot - just allow me to get off my chest what I need to and I'm OK. Like I said on Facebook, "it's not to offend anyone, but if you don't like what you're reading, stop reading it."

I think I've said more than enough for my first blog post! Hahah FYI: I LOVE to write and talk so my blogs may go on & on sometimes! ;-) I thank you for reading and hope you'll be back and tell others! Like I said in the beginning, bare with me as I'm still learning and trying to get things together. Be Blessed & Encouraged in the Lord 2day!! XoXoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment