Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Encourage Yourself

Good Morning Luvs! 

I wanted to bless you this morning with an Inspirational Fact that I hope gets you through your day or anything you may dealing with.  Popular Gospel music artist #DonaldLawrence has a famous song called,  "Encourage Yourself". I had to do that yesterday evening. I was feeling sad about a personal situation I'd been dealing with and didn't feel like doing anything. I said to myself, "I can't lay here in my own self pity. I can't waste the first day of the New Year having not done anything I said I wanted to do." 
I had written my "2013 Goals" in my journal and I had to remind myself of that. Verse 1 of that song goes, "Sometimes you have to encourage yourself. Sometimes you have to speak victory during the test. And no matter how you feel, speak the word and you will be healed; speak over yourself, encourage yourself in the Lord". So, even though I was feeling in a funky mood, I had to force myself to get up and start achieving what I desired to do. 
Some scriptures on Encouragement :

Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you,  I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous hand." 

Psalm 55:22 "Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved." 

There are a few others I'd like to share but I have to get started at work now. Until later, Be Blessed & Encouraged in the Lord 2day!!! XoXoXo ~Raven J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment