Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Friendship Grace

Heather Lindsey Tuesday 10:08 A.M.
Why are you dumping every friend that has a character flaw as if you don't have one of your own? Start gracing people because God could be using YOU to help reveal it to THEM. That same grace you give them.. You will find that you need down the road.

Proverbs 18:24 NLT

There are “friends” who destroy each other,
but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.

I'm so glad I seen this status this morning cause it was definitely a slap in the face! A lot of my friends I've stopped speaking to or just completely dismissed b/c of their lifestyle or the things they partake in. Now, there DOES come a time when in our lives when you must separate yourselves from friends and start receiving a new group of people in your life. That's not what I'm talking about here. Going off of Miss Lindsey's post, I'm thinking she's referring to those strongholds or certain things we KNOW our friends are struggling with and are trying to change and get better at, but because they can't "get it together" quick enough, we drop em!

When I think about it, it really is sad how we are so quick 2 dismiss & throw away people but quickly forget how the Lord is long-suffering with us and has such GREAT compassion, mercy and grace, yet WE (including myself!) we tend to forget to display those same things towards others. :-( Romans 13:8 NLT Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law. 1 Peter 4:8 NKJV And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.” We are to build up, and not tear down one another! Pray & ask the Lord to help you, teach you how to be a better friend. NONE OF US HAVE ARRIVED OR MADE IT YET! So, until we close our eyes to this world, we are still battling, struggling, going through & learning! My Ace-Deuce is quick to "cut me" (as I like to call it). It does hurt, but it's for MY GOOD! I pray that you are greatly blessed & encouraged by this posting! XoXoXo ~Raven J.

No comments:

Post a Comment