Sunday, January 6, 2013

Feeling Alone


Good Morning, Luvs!

Sorry I have not posted in the past two days...I was in my own self-pity and just couldn't force myself to get my writing gears going. I'm working on that, so please forgive me. I hope you've been enjoying my posts so far!




I want to talk to you today about what to do when you're feeling alone, when in actuality, we're never alone! No matter what our spouses, significant others or family and friends may do or say to us to make us feel like we are, that's farthest from the truth!

The Word of God says in Hebrews 13:5, "For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 

Why if we have this promise from God, we are left with the feeling of loneliness when our loved ones leave us, or our friends desert us, or when it seems like nothing is going right in our lives? I think it's because our heart and trust is not in the right person or thing. 

Isaiah 2:22 NLT
Don’t put your trust in mere humans.
    They are as frail as breath.
    What good are they?


Psalm 118:8
It is better to trust in the Lord
Than to put confidence in man.


Yes, we have family and friends that we love dearly, but we as humans, we fail. God has and never will fail us! When we take our focus off of the Lord and start looking at man, we are going to get hurt and disappointed when certain things are done to us because being in the flesh, it's to be expected. That's why the Bible tells us in Galatians to walk in the spirit. Trust - I know all too well that it's not easy, but the more we do it, the more it becomes habit-forming and the things that would usually effect us and easily change our mood will no longer have that kind of power.

I woke up around 4 or 5 this morning just feeling very alone. I'm involved with someone, but yet, I felt like I was all alone. I felt like I no longer mattered. My Twin, as we've been calling each other since 2001, said to me, "I think being alone when you're with someone is the worse. That's insane!"
I've been told a time and time again that a person or being in a relationship doesn't dictate the happiness we have. I finally got that after all these years! BUT...You still want to be happy with the person you're with. I know relationships aren't always going to be hugs & kisses and disagreements and misunderstandings will occur. I got that. I just don't think we should ever be made to feel like that, nor, should we make the person we're in a relationship with, feel like they are alone. So, if we put and keep our trust in God and not man, and not lose focus or forget the immeasurable amount of love He has for us, no matter what happens to us in this life, the Lord is always by our side and He cares about what we're going through and what we feel.

So, I'm saying to you as I say to myself, whenever you get that dreaded feeling of being alone or that nobody cares about you, remember that Jesus cared so much that He died for our sins to take away every punishment that was due to us! So, don't ever allow anyone or any situation to make you feel like you're alone or that you don't matter in this world! Jesus always cares and is always there!!!




I pray you are Blessed & Encouraged in the Lord 2day! XoXoXo

~Raven J

No comments:

Post a Comment