Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Knowledge is Power

Hello luvs, how are you all doing? I thank you for taking the time to read my new post. This one will be real brief because I’m short on time. As always, my prayer is that you are encouraged in the Lord and blessed by my words. I appreciate your support and remember to share my blog!

I have loved writing far as I remember. Ironically, writing is not the career I have always desired. True, it’s deeply embedded within me, but when I was a little girl I wanted to be a doctor. I don’t know what kind of doctor I wanted to be I just knew that’s what I was going to be. I would always have my little play doctor bag and a little clipboard as if I were seeing patients. I’d walk around with my stethoscope and check my aunt’s and uncle’s heart. One of the main reasons I wanted to go into that profession was because of how much money they made. That’s the honest-to-God truth. I just knew being a doctor is what I wanted to do with my life. On a home video from the summer of 1990, I said, “I’m going to be a doctor so I can help sick people.” When I was in fourth grade I wrote two plays and performed them with my friends and classmates. Ever since then, I have wanted to write. I can’t say I know all that I need to know about the writing field but I know it’s part of what God has purposed for me to do while here on earth. I must write. It’s like I don’t know anything else but writing. So, as I’ve been writing more and publicly posting my writing and promoting my work, I have also been researching different aspects of it. I want to learn everything that I can so I will be more knowledgeable about my gift and successful at it.

Greg Prescott has a company called Prescott Papers, which is a Professional Custom Writing Service. I came across one of his blog post on character analysis. Here is the link: https://www.prescottpapers.com/blog/how-to-write/how-to-write-character-analysis.php

Character development is something I need to familiarize myself with because there are many stories within me that I plan on writing and I want to make sure I give my characters’ personality and they stand out and are relatable to my audience.
Whatever your gift or talent is, you want to make sure you study it and research everything about it. It’s wise to perfect your craft so you will develop and flourish in it. The more you know, the more you can do.


1 comment:

  1. I was just surfing internet,stucked to this article, and read it full. Found it interesting ! Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete