Thursday, June 6, 2013

Showing Love

"You don't know everyone's story and today I understood the story of a person who has been through more than I could imagine. There are so many people walking around hurt and wounded. I challenge you to hug someone you thought was rude, mean, inconsiderate, etc. I guarantee they are hurting on the inside. Love on them for five seconds.  You might just change their life! THINK ABOUT IT!" (via Janita Still Movingforward)





I just happen to come across this in my Draft emails. I remember when my friend posted this sometime last year and I saved it to send to someone else. It stills stands very true today. We all have seen pictures or heard the statement how there's always someone else who has it worst than you or how we all are fighting a battle. I have no doubt about that for a second. We all are fighting through something and trying to make it to the light!  I also think there are some people who are just plain rude, inconsiderate, selfish and don't have any respect for anyone, let alone themselves! BUT..STILL show them love! Don't allow them to walk over you and disrespect you or try to do harm to you. Just always show and have love for them and PRAY for them!




Romans 12:20-21 NLT
Instead, “If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals of shame on their heads.” Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.

Matthew 5:43-44 NLT
“You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy.  But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!

It's truly a learning process that only the Lord can give us the strength to do in turning the other cheek and walking away and not always having something to stay. We are a work in progress! We all need to be transformed and broken to be restored on a daily basis! So, the next time that rude co-worker or bothersome neighbor or inpatient and uncaring Sales Rep gets lippy with you or just tries to disrespect you and have no compassion or sympathy for you or your situation, take a deep breath and count to five and Thank God for STILL showing you Love throughout all your faults & imperfections! OUCH!!! I KNOW SOMEBODY SAID AMEN ON THAT ONE??!




BE BLESSED & ENCOURAGED IN THE LORD TODAY!!! XoXOXo
~Raven J.

No comments:

Post a Comment